Welcome to Year 1!
The class teacher is Mrs Robinson and the Teaching Assistant is Mrs Jordan, who will be supporting children with reading, writing and maths every morning.
Mrs Robinson is the Year 1 class Teacher and leads History. She runs Art Club on a Thursday in partnership with Mrs Swift.
Mrs S Robinson covers the class teacher's PPA on Tuesday afternoon.
- Library - The children will have an afternoon session in the library. They can take the book home but must return it the following week for exchange.
- PE lesson (please bring a full labelled kit)
- Book Changing - Class reading books are changed once a week. Your child will receive two books.
- Spelling Test - from October half term
- PE - Full kit required please.
- Green Phonic Book - New sounds will be entered into your child's book.
- Number facts test - The children are working towards gaining a sticker for their Number Passports. They are currently working on recalling the number bonds for 5.
The children participate in daily phonic sessions. The intent behind this is to strengthen the learning of phonics, and ensure children become enthusiastic and successful readers and writers.
The Phonic Screening Test will take place, week beginning the 10th June 2024
Phonics At Home
We are using Phases 3, 4 & 5 phonics. Click the links below to find pronunciations to support your child at home.
A kindly reminder
- Please ensure children bring a full, labelled bottle of water to school each day.
- Homework - Daily Reading and Phonic Sound Book Practise. Please initial your child's reading record as when they complete the Star Book Challenge, they are entered into a draw for a prize.
- PE kits can stay in school and will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- Please ensure PE kits, PE bags and jumpers are clearly labelled with your child's name. This will support your child in becoming more independent and avoid lost items of clothing.
- Children need a school PE kit that consists of pumps, black shorts and a blue T-shirt. For outside winter session, children can wear black/navy bottoms and their school jumper or cardigan for warmth, alternatively they can wear a suitable hoodie or tracksuit top.