Welcome to Year 6!
Welcome to our Year 6 class page! Our class teacher is Miss Sykes - she is also our school's maths and science lead. Our teaching assistant is Mrs Cropper - she spends every morning supporting the children in our class. Miss McQuirk teaches the class on a Thursday afternoon to cover PPA time.
- Choir club after school with Mrs Mussell in the Y5 classroom.
- YOGA session (starting 13th November) - the children should please bring their PE kits into school.
- Spelling test.
- Children who have guitar lessons should please bring their guitars in.
- Number facts test - the children will receive stickers in their number facts passport to celebrate their achievements.
- Library day - the children should please bring their library books into school so that they can change these.
- Brass band - children who are members of our brass band should please bring their instruments in.
- Netball club after school with Mr Richardson on the KS2 playground.
- Children are tested on their key number facts - they will receive stamps in their number facts passport to celebrate their achievements.
- PE day - the children should please bring their PE kits into school for a session with the WLSP coach.
- Children should please bring water bottles to school every day - these should be clearly labelled with children's names.
- Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled - hopefully this will help us to avoid things getting lost.
- Reading records should be brought into school every day please.
- Children need a school PE kit that consists of pumps, black shorts and a blue T-shirt. For outside winter session, children can wear black/navy bottoms and their school jumper or cardigan for warmth or a suitable hoodie or tracksuit top.
- Homework is set on a Friday and should be returned by the following Thursday. This will include work set on our online learning platforms: Times Tables Rockstars, SPAG.com, maths.co.uk and Spelling Shed. The children's login details can be found in their reading records. Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and the children will be tested on these on Wednesdays.