Welcome to Year 2!
Our class teacher is Mrs Prescott and our teaching assistant is Mrs Robinson. Please scroll down to find out what we have been up to.
- Our PE days are Tuesday and Friday.
- Homework is set on a Friday and should be returned by the following Wednesday please. This will include work set on our online learning platforms. The children's login details can be found in their reading records.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and will be tested the following Thursday.
Phonics at Home
In Year 2 we focus on recognising and using Phase 5 & 6 Phonics, click the link below for the sounds that your child will be learning in order to support them at home.
Useful Websites in Year 2
- Phonics Play - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources
- ICT Games - https://www.ictgames.com/
- White Rose Maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
- MyMaths - https://www.mymaths.co.uk
- Times Table Rockstars - https://ttrockstars.com
- SPAG.com - https://www.spag.com
- Explorify for Science - https://explorify.wellcome.ac.uk
- A suggested reading list for children in Key Stage 1 can be found at = https://schoolreadinglist.co.uk/reading-lists-for-ks1-school-pupils/suggested-reading-list-year-2-pupils-ks1-age-6-7/