Click link below for full information about applying for a school place at Banks St Stephen's.
Please ring for an appointment if you wish to be shown round the school by Mrs Owen the headteacher. Either ring Mrs Ousey or Mrs Tennant in the school office (01704 225332) or email Mrs Owen directly: email@example.com.
Banks St Stephen's is a Voluntary Controlled (VC) Church of England Primary School.
There are around 2,000 VC schools, of which all but 20 are primary schools. VC schools are 'managed' by the local authority (LA) whilst maintaining their distinctive characteristics.
The key characteristics of a VC school are:
- The LA employs the staff, but they are appointed by the governors
- The LA is responsible for admissions arrangements.
- The LA can advise the governing body; the diocesan director of education (DDE) may be given the same opportunity to advise.
- RE taught is the LA agreed syllabus and worship reflects the Anglican tradition
- No one group of governors is in a majority. Church or Foundation governors are in a minority.
To find out about how children are accepted into school please take a look at our Admissions Criteria and Policy Booklet by clicking on the documents below: